P2Vest is a peer-to-peer lending application by P2Vest Technology Limited (“P2Vest”) that connects verified borrowers to verified lenders with the goals of receiving a loan and funding a loan respectively. P2Vest will enable borrowers to obtain loans directly from lenders, cutting out middlemen and reducing the risk of default.
- Information Collection And Use
- Type Of Data Collected
Personal Data: While using our Service, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information that we collect includes, but is not limited to, email address, BVN, phone number, date of birth, personal identification documents, personal financial statements, third parties (e.g. banks, clearinghouses, payment service providers, credit bureaus, etc.), interaction and communication with our staff, and any communication with P2Vest. We also collect your phone contact for purposes of allowing you to reference your contact list from our App.
We ask for your permissions to collect following data that will help us in making decisions on your eligibility for loans:
We collect your phonebook contacts which includes your phone contact names, phone numbers, contact added date to augment your credit profile, additionally, this can allow you to choose your references in the loan application or share our app invitation to your friends easily. Specifically this is required for our BailMe product and you will not need to give this permission if you are not using BailMe on the App.Your contact data on our platform is highly protected.
Collect and monitor specific information about your device including your device name, model, region and language settings, device identification code, device hardware and software information, status, usage habits, unique device identifiers like IMEI and serial number to uniquely identify the device and ensure that unauthorized devices are not to act on your behalf to prevent frauds. Your device data on our platform is highly protected.
Collect and monitor information about the location of your device for customer risk assessment and scoring. Your location data on our platform is highly protected.
d. Selfie Image
We collect your Selfie image through your phone camera but we do not access your photos. The selfie image captured on our app is compared with photo from your identity card or Bank Verification Number to determine that you are same person. Your selfie image data on our platform is highly protected.
- Cookies And Usage Data
- Usage Data: When you access the Application or our services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
- Use Of Data
We will use your collected data for various purposes including:
- Establishing your identity and assessing your eligibility for our products and services
- Updating and enhancing our records
- Customer relationship management
- Risk identification and management
- Investigation and prevention of illegal and fraudulent activity
- Designing and administering our products and services
- Conducting and improving our business and improving customer service experience
- Complying with legal obligations and assisting law enforcement agencies
- Identifying and informing you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you, and changes to the Application and Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Application or our Services when you choose to do so.
- To monitor the usage of the Application and Services
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside Nigeria and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Nigeria and process it there.
- Disclosure of Data
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
To the extent that it is necessary and permitted by law, we may reveal or share your information with the following people:
- Our employees
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates, and strategic partners
- Financial services providers including other banks, clearing houses, credit bureaus, payment service providers, etc.
- Courts, regulators, government agencies, law enforcement agencies, etc.
- Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
P2Vest takes the safeguarding of your personal information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to ensure the security of your information, prevention of unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction; and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing.
We regularly update our security protocols and processes to meet industry standards. If you have been provided a password to grant you access to the Application or specific areas on our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password or other authentication details with anyone, P2Vest will not be responsible for any losses you may incur if you disclose your password and/or authentication details.
We will store and retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Links to Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Your Data Privacy Rights
- Right to Rectification: You can modify or change their email, password, PIN, and profile picture via your profile.
- Right of Access, Right to Erasure, Right to Restrict Processing: You can request access or erasure of their personal information, as well as request restrictions on further processing of their personal information by contacting us at [email protected]. Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to process excessive or repeat requests.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send, or by adjusting your Marketing Preferences in your profile. You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Application and website may not work properly in your case.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: Should you feel your data privacy rights are not being adequately protected by us, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Contact Us
Contact us if you have questions regarding your data privacy rights or would like to submit a related data privacy right request, please email us at [email protected]. Please allow up to 30 days for requests to be processed. The Company reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to process excessive or repeat requests.